His teaching includes undergraduate courses ‘Introduction to Theology and Religion’, ‘Christ, God and Salvation’, and ‘Experience, Thought and Revelation’; and a range of supervision
Dr Anthony Baxter
Anthony has studied in London (BD), Oxford (MA, MPhil) and Princeton (PhD) within the areas of Law, Politics, Philosophy and Theology. He undertook independent study in Theology at Cambridge University. He is a priest of the Diocese of Westminster. He has lived, and helped, in parishes situated within areas of inner London marked by social, ethnic and religious diversity. At Heythrop he is currently a Lecturer in Systematic Theology.
Additional Areas of Interest
- Christology and Soteriology; Epistemology and the Theology of Revelation; Human Experience and Language; Divine Action; Historical Theology; Relation between philosophy and theology; Systematic Theology;
- Reforming Theological Anthropology. F.LeRon Shults (2004) The Journal of Theological Studies, Oxford University Press. (55) pp.783-786 [Book Review]
- The Bible, Knowledge of God and Dei Verbum (2001) The Heythrop Journal, Wiley-Blackwell. (42) pp.173-191 [Journal Article]
- Jesus Symbol of God. Roger Haight (2000) The Journal of Theological Studies, Oxford University Press. (51) pp.400-405 [Book Review]
- Historical Judgement, Transcendent Perspective and "Resurrection Appearances" (1999) The Heythrop Journal, Wiley-Blackwell. (40) pp.19-40 [Journal Article]
- Can One be Cognitively Conscious of God? (1997) The Heythrop Journal, Wiley-Blackwell. (38) pp.15-34 [Journal Article]
There are no conferences to display for this user.